1) Experience some combination of outrage, disbelief, amusement, and horror at Comey's firing, and the ramifications for the investigation into Trump/Russia ties.
2) Use one (or both) of these 5 Calls guides to gall your reps and give them what for…
- Support The Creation Of The Independent Commission (HR 356)
- Insist On An Independent Special Prosecutor In Wake Of Comey's Firin
3) Use the Indivisible Guide's "Recess Toolkit" to plan your congressional town hall appearance or office visit.
4) If your reps are already on board, send them a thank you note letting them know that you support their commitment to independence.
5) Tell all your people to do the same.
Keeping up to date with news about the bizarre and dangerous things happening in Washington (like Comey’s ousting) sometimes feels like a never ending slog through an avalanche of emotionally draining shit.
This week we’re challenging you to give yourself permission to recenter and recharge with a short break away from news and social media. Take a walk, find some cute internet cats, pinterest a dream vacation, play a relaxing game, or check out Buddhify for some meditation guides. The NYT also recently published a medication guide that was super helpful. The revolution will be here when you get back.
We’ve curated an awesome list with info and activities to help find your self-care groove.
From Issue 13, May 15, 2017